Wednesday, February 20, 2008

THIS. IS. A. LIBRARY!


So, I'm doing college work in the LIBRARY for the first time ever. Because I was so blessed to be born into the age where the Internet came around when I was still in elementary school, I can count on one hand the times I've ever come to the library to "study."

1) 5th grade to do "research" on my science project (not to be confused with Science FAIR project) on the special effects used to create the tornados in the movie, Twister.

2) 11th Grade to find quotes for my research paper on The Call of the Wild by Jack London. Which, I might add: I worked very hard on and NEVER got a grade back. Hmm......

Wow, OK so only two times.. that's uhh- pretty crazy. BUT that's why I'm so grateful for the Internet because it's brought all that information into my home. So I can stay home, all the time, and basically never leave...

Oh but I should also add: being here and seeing the lady at the reference desk TOTALLY reminds me of the "All That" sketch on Nickelodeon of Lori Beth Denberg being the librarian and running around and screaming at everyone to be quiet because:
"THIS IS A LIBRARY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

So great. What happened to Nickelodeon???

0 comments: