Tuesday, April 8, 2008

I Love Me Some New Disney Movies !

So Disney just announced an insane amount of new movies they're working on to release in the next few years and I'd like to just highlight a few of those.
Of course, right around the corner is Wall-E which I'm trying not to get TOO excited about just in case, but it's looking like it could potentially be one of my favorite Pixar movies as it comes from the same writer/director of Finding Nemo, my favorite Disney/Pixar movie thus far.
This November, Disney is releasing Bolt, about a dog played by John Travolta, and also starring Miley Cyrus. The jury's still out on this one. I like Miley, but is she being brought in just to draw the crowd? Or is she actually necessary for the film. Keep in mind this is a Disney feature, not Pixar. And yes, there is a difference. But it's gonna be in Disney Digital 3D so regardless, I'll be there. Opening night.
The next one I'm extremely excited about is next summer's Disney/Pixar release, Up. The script was written by Bob Peterson who co-wrote Finding Nemo (are we sensing a trend here?) and the official description from Disney (and reason I can almost not wait) is as follows:
Carl Fredricksen spent his entire life dreaming of exploring the globe and experiencing life to its fullest. But at age 78, life seems to have passed him by, until a twist of fate (and a persistent 8-year old Wilderness Explorer named Russell) gives him a new lease on life. "Up" takes audiences on a thrilling journey where the unlikely pair encounter wild terrain, unexpected villains and jungle creatures. When seeking adventure next summer -- look "Up."
So.. Ya. And the last one that I am extremely extremely excited about is more of a trilogy of sorts. Disney is planning on re-releasing Toy Story and Toy Story 2 ('2' is another one of my absolute favorite Pixar films) in Disney Digital 3D (October 2009 and February 2010) all leading to the June, 2010 release of an all-new Toy Story 3. The screenwriter of Little Miss Sunshine will be writing this one, which seems as odd choice to me, but whatever works.
Oh, I lied. There is one more that I've been eagerly anticipating and that is The Princess and the Frog. Not because the story sounds outrageously exciting or anything, but rather that it is Disney's official return to 2D animation in a long long time. It'll also follow the old musical-type format of so many of the Disney classics. And with John Lasseter from Pixar overseeing production now since the Disney/Pixar merger, my hopes and expectations are that this will become another classic. We'll see.

It looks like it should be an amazing next few years Disney/Pixar movie-wise. Looks like I'll get to bust out my Hannah Montana 3D glasses a few more times too. What up!

E-MAIL ME: RuckitUp@Gmail.com
Visit My Website: www.RuckitUp.com

All Images Copyright 2008 Pixar Animation Studios / Disney Enterprises, Inc.
All Rights Reserved

1 comments:

Samantha said...

I love love love that we are near equals when it comes to Disney knowledge. Souuuuulmates.

Anyway- here's a bunch of extra information on all the the upcoming movies. Could I BE any more excited?

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/36333

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/36393