Friday, May 16, 2008

Save Me From Beverly Hills Chihuahua

Let's talk. So the previews before Prince Caspian... There was one in particular which I cannot get beyond. This was the first time I had heard of it. It's as if Disney made this film behind all of our backs, and understandably so.

Brace yourself for Beverly Hills Chihuahua:

There really aren't any more words to say other than when September 26th comes around, I'm going to close my eyes and pretend it's not happening and hope it goes away very quickly. My respect for Disney is pretty high at the moment so I'm really hoping these musical-production-number-performing dogs don't bring it down...

What I don't get is that there were meetings, MULTIPLE meetings where someone said "So I'm thinking about this movie.. It would be hundreds of chihuahuas living in Beverly Hills and they all sing and dance in extravagant musical numbers."

And after a few seconds of silence, a Disney executive said "Yes."
Now, as unrealistic as that situation sounds, it had to have happened for this movie to get where it is now. And for that reason, I cry.

PS: Am I the only one smelling a Taco Bell lawsuit coming?

RuckitUp@Gmail.com
www.RuckitUp.com

0 comments: