Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Get Your Vitamin C

This time of year always reminds me of one thing: the Vitamin C song "Graduation."
As we go on
We remember
All the times we
Had together
And as our lives change
Come whatever
We will still be
Friends forever

Of course, I'm not graduating this year but May in general and this song just bring back memories of the complete cheesiness that was "8th Grade Graduation," which didn't actually exist, by the way.

On the last day of school the principal played "Graduation" over the loud speaker while all the girls wept together while still managing to chant the words "WE WILL STILL BE FRIENDS FOREVER!" at the end of the chorus. Of course those same girls got in a fight with each other by the end of the day and would never speak again.

What was I doing at the time? Sitting in the corner and counting down the seconds till I could leave that school and never go back again.

Good stuff.

1 comments:

Samantha said...

You and me both. What else was I doing while the other girls cried? Writing in my own yearbook. Yeah. YEAH.