Tuesday, June 17, 2008

The Flying Whale

WATCH THE VIDEO ABOVE FOR THE FULL "WHALE OF A TALE" AND TO HEAR ME TELL THE STORY ON THE RADIO.

Some pretty crazy storms rolled through the Dallas/Ft. Worth metroplex this morning and I chose the moment they hit my hometown of Garland, Texas to head out to get the new COLDPLAY CD, Viva la Vida (which, btw, is INCREDIBLE).

The winds were crazy strong and so was the rain resulting in about zero visibility through my windshield. I had the radio on and the DJ was talking about the weather and asked the caller "Well, are there cows flying around? If not, you'll probably be OK. But when cows start blowing in the wind, that's when I start to worry." Well, there weren't any cows flying but I could still barely see so I decided to pull off the road and into a neighborhood to wait out the storm. As I sat there I watched several trees around me bend and break and one house's flag pole teeter and totter with the strong gusts of wind.

All seemed well until I glanced into my review mirror and what appeared to be a FLYING COW, like the DJ was talking about, was headed straight toward my car. I had a small panic until I looked closer and realized what was flying by was actually a giant killer whale inflatable pool toy.Naturally, I had to share this with Bonnie, the DJ, cuz that was just way too coincidental. And about 20 minutes later me and my story were on the air. Oh, and I decided to save Shamu from the storm and bring him home with me..
So I guess you could say it was just another regular old morning.. flying whales and being on the radio...


RuckitUp@Gmail.com
www.RuckitUp.com

0 comments: