Sunday, June 29, 2008

Mean Girls : Where Are They Now?

It's been a little more than 4 years since our favorite Tina-Fey-written movie about mean girls in high school was released and I thought I'd check in on a few of its key stars to see what they've been up to since 2004.

Lindsay Lohan: Cady Heron:Starred in a string of failed movies, guest starred in episodes of King of the Hill and Ugly Betty, went to rehab.. 3 times, and has gone absolutely bonkers.

Tina Fey: Writer and Ms. Norbury:
Remains amazing, stars in NBC's 30 Rock, won a Golden Globe for Best Actress in a comedy series, and starred in this year's very funny film, Baby Mama.

Rachel McAdams: Regina George:
Starred in the hugely successful films The Notebook, Wedding Crashers, and Red Eye. Also remains my girlfriend and soon-to-be fiance (but shh! it's still a secret).

Lacey Chabert: Gretchen Wieners:
Guest starred in an episode of Ghost Whisperer and voiced a character on The Spectacular Spider-Man. (She's done a bunch of other stuff too but I'd never heard of any of it so I just figured I'd pretend it didn't happen). PS did you know she was the voice of the main girl on The Wild Thornberrys?

Amanda Seyfried: Karen Smith:
Starred in the first season of Veronica Mars and also on HBO's Big Love. Her new movie-musical Mamma Mia! with Meryl Streep is out this summer. Also, had plastic surgery.

Jonathan Bennett: Aaron Samuels:
Also on Veronica Mars, an episode of Smallville, and two episodes of Kathy Griffin: My Life on the D-List. Movie-wise he was in Cheaper By the Dozen 2 and the direct-to-DVD Bachelor Party Vegas.

Lizzy Caplan: Janis Ian:
On the one-seasoned CBS comedy The Class and the very-successful-but-vomit-inducing Cloverfield. (I should say that I never saw Cloverfield; I get nauseous from video games so I knew I couldn't make it through this one).

Daniel Franzese: Damian:
Guest-starred on episodes of Lisa Kudrow's post-Friends comedy The Comeback and CSI. Also was an extra in Tom Cruise's War of the Worlds (the sad word in that sentence being "extra") and played "Big Mikey" in a movie called Bar Starz. That's "stars" with a "Z."

So as you can see, post-Mean Girls life has been rough on a few of its stars and not-as-rough-but-still-not-great on some of the others... With the exception of Tina Fey, of course, who probably looks in the mirror each night before she goes to sleep and says to herself: "I am freaking awesome."

And you know what Tina? I agree.
I agree.

PS: Save-the-Dates should be coming in the mail soon-- Rachel wants a December wedding.

RuckitUp@Gmail.com
www.RuckitUp.com

1 comments:

Samantha said...

1. My new goal in life is to take a picture exactly like that last one of Tina Fey holding a typewriter.

2. I get nauseous during video games, too! That's why I didn't go see "Cloverfield!" We are so eerily the same.