Monday, July 28, 2008

CUIL.com

There's a new search engine in town and this one has considerably less "o"s in its name. cuil.com's minimalistic design is reminiscent of Google's, but its color scheme couldn't be more different, opting for the more ominous black, blue, and gray.

Generally, to judge a search engine I look at what is most important: search results for myself.Cuil-ing "Adam Rucker," generated a considerably larger number than Googling did (2,232,832 for cuil.com and 677,000 for Google) but cuil's results were often repeats of themselves and were not relevant to me.

As for the design of the page, the results being displayed in a column design is certainly unique, but I'm still not sure how I feel about it.

One thing I did notice (and appreciate) was the lack of Google-like text ads flooding the page. I'm sure this will change in 4 seconds when they realize how much income filling that huge white space next to the search results could generate, but for now it's kinda nice.

My homepage is way still Google though.

RuckitUp@Gmail.com
www.RuckitUp.com

0 comments: