Thursday, July 31, 2008

Disney 2D Animation is BACK! Hopefully...

Disney released the teaser trailer for its upcoming return to 2D animation, The Princess and the Frog. It's amazing how far 2D animation has come in the last few years. There's clearly a lot of computer generated backgrounds in use here, and New Orleans looks absolutely beautiful (almost a bit like Paris at night in Ratatouille).

Princess Tiana is voiced by Dreamgirls' and From Justin to Kelly's Tony-Award-winning Anika Noni Rose. Actors also featured as voices are the hilarious Jenifer Lewis, Angela Bassett, and John Goodman. Music by Randy Newman (which, I wasn't too thrilled to hear, but I'll deal).We'll see next Christmas if this will truly be Disney Animation's return to greatness that I'm hoping for. (With John Lasseter as head of Disney Animation now, I have extremely high hopes).

RuckitUp@Gmail.com
www.RuckitUp.com

1 comments:

Ch.Zh said...

I do think it's a good move for Disney. I prefer 2D Animations, Studio Ghibli for instance, the latest work "Ponyo on a Cliff" is absolutely gorgeous.