Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Get on Twitter People!

So the latest thing I've gotten myself hooked on, besides the meds I've been taking after getting my wisdom teeth out, (I kid, I kid) is twitter. When you get an account at twitter.com you gain the ability to update friends, family, and strangers (who you choose) on where you are or what you're doing. For those of us who Facebook, it's like a constant status.

But in reality, it's so much more.

You're limited to 140 characters in your posts, which is why some people call it micro-blogging, or blogging for the ADD. Though its original intent was to be a status update like "I'm on my way to the grocery store," it's evolved and changed to so much more. You can link people to other websites, do mini movie reviews, ask questions, or even have conversations.

Right now I'm "following" several friends, so as they submit updates, those are relayed to my homepage and I'm able to keep up with what's going on with them. I can then also keep my friends and family updated on what's going on with me (what I'm doing, new videos or blogs I've posted, etc.) in a quick and easy fashion.

But it's only fun when more people you know get involved! Which is why I'm telling you to get on Twitter!

You can follow me and see what's going on with me, and I with you! It'll be so much fun!

But seriously, check it out. You can see my Twitter page HERE

and when you click to follow me, I'll probably turn around and follow you too.. I mean.. if that's OK.

So Do It! (that means YOU Sam Urban!)

PS: Those of you with iPhones can download the "Twinkle" app. It's a really good program that links to your Twitter account and sends updates straight to your phone. Other cell phone users can send SMS txts directly to Twitter to keep their pages updated..

RuckitUp@Gmail.com
www.RuckitUp.com

0 comments: