Saturday, August 23, 2008

Life with ONE TV channel is hard!

This week I moved into an apartment in Austin, Texas to begin my junior year of college at the University of Texas. Also this week, I have experienced what life is like with only one TV channel, a challenge I have never before faced. To make matters even worse, that one channel is FOX.

It's one of those "you don't know what you've got until it's gone" things. Being restricted to watching shows like Cristina's Court, Divorce Court, and rerun episodes of MASH have really helped me to appreciate the shows that I had at first considered "the most annoying," but now by comparison see how truly wonderful they are, like The View and Rachel Ray.I've also gotten my helping of the Saturday morning infomercials. Investools was slightly boring, and I'm not convinced that all those people at their "seminar" weren't hired infomercial extras.

But I will say that Cindy Crawford's Meaningful Beauty infomercial for face moisturizer was awfully convincing. And that was even with the sound turned off.The good news is: all should be back to normal again come Tuesday morning when my cable will be installed. But for now, I'll enjoy living the simple life and maybe even catch my first episode of The Simpsons.

RuckitUp@Gmail.com
www.RuckitUp.com

0 comments: