Thursday, August 14, 2008

New Season: New Shows: Kath and Kim

Fall TV season is just around the corner and even though following the writers' strike of '08 I experienced a lessening of my need to constantly watch television, I'm still looking forward to what the new season will bring.

Of course old favorites like The Office and 30 Rock will be returning with new episodes of TV brilliance, but there are also a few new series that have caught my attention. In particular, NBC's Kath and Kim.
This is an American adaptation of a very successful Australian comedy, and we all know adaptations can go either way, but with Molly Shannon as its star, I'm kinda not able to see where it could go wrong. However, I was at first I was a little skeptical of Selma Blair's ability to amuse. I've only ever seen her in Legally Blonde where, let's face it, she wasn't a very nice person. But after seeing this preview she looks like she will indeed be funny (possibly).

Molly Shannon plays Kath, and Selma Blair plays her daughter Kim. Kim moves back into her mother's house after she decides to separate from her husband, and with the two of them now living together, HILARITY ensues. (I'm guessing, I really have no idea, I've only seen one commercial. Nevertheless, I am very much so looking forward to it). Mikey Day from MTV's Wild 'N Out and John Michael Higgins from The Breakup and every Christopher Guest movie ever made, also star.Kath and Kim premieres Thursday, October 9th at 8:30/7:30 on NBC.

RuckitUp@Gmail.com
www.RuckitUp.com

0 comments: