Wednesday, August 13, 2008

A Thousand Splendid Suns.. go read it!

My summer book reading this year (for myself, not for school) was Khaled Hosseini's A Thousand Splendid Suns. I'm a pretty slow reader, and this was a pretty busy summer, so it took me a little while to finish, but it ended up being reeeeally good. The same author wrote the very-popular Kite Runner, which I've also read, and really enjoyed.

It's very interesting to get perspective into the lives of children and families living in the Middle East.. places we normally only hear about through television news stories.

Here's what some Amazon.com reviewers had to say about it:

"I have never read another book that has touched me the way this book did."
-Puneet Kaur

"What a fabulous story filled with depth, feeling and haunting moments."
-A. Customer

"I read many books in a year. Some I read for entertainment and others to increase my knowledge. Then there is the rare book that does both of those things, plus touches your heart as well. A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini does just that. Hosseini's The Kite Runner was a magnificent book, and I enjoyed A Thousand Splendid Suns even more."
-Cynthia K. Robertson

As for me, I'll just say that "I highly recommend this book," and Kite Runner, if you haven't read that yet.

SO GO GET READIN'!

Enjoy!

RuckitUp@Gmail.com
www.RuckitUp.com

0 comments: