Friday, November 21, 2008

The COLDPLAY Concert Rocked My Face Off... Completely.

So if you follow me on Twitter or have talked to me in the last 3 days, you know that this past Wednesday I went to the COLDPLAY concert in Dallas, Texas and it freaked my freak.I had been to a COLDPLAY concert before with their X&Y album tour, which was also held at the American Airlines Center in Dallas, and YALL> they were amazing the first time, but they were even MORE INCREDIBLY amazing this time.

This can be owed mostly to the fact that their latest album, Viva la Vida or Death and All His Friends, was a work of art that would make the Mona Lisa cry. But credit should also be given to those who designed the staging and lighting for this tour because it was fantastic as well.Here we find the setlist for the concert:
I honestly think it was the perfect set list; each song led into the next wonderfully and I was never, ever bored. Highlights were of course, "Fix You," "Viva La Vida," "Lost," "LOVERS IN JAPAN," "Death and All His Friends," and "Yellow."Notice I put "Lovers in Japan" in ALL CAPS because it was easily the most perfectly staged number, complete with an arena full of multi-color confetti butterflies. The moment was almost as moving as ones you may experience in a Cirque du Soleil show, except there were no flying acrobats to be found. BUT now that I mention that, yall, a Cirque du Soleil show featuring the music of COLDPLAY would be mind-blowing.
Anyway, I'm clearly still getting over the excitement from the night and as soon as I can pull it together I'll have a video posted. So keep checking YouTube.com/ajruck for updates!

Until then, VIVA LA VIDA!

Follow me@twitter.com/adamrucker
E-mail Me! RuckitUp@Gmail.com
Check Out My Website: RuckitUp.com
Pass it On:
Add to Technorati Favorites

1 comments:

iamrobyn said...

Apparently Gwyneth Paltrow was at that concert...