Sunday, November 9, 2008

My life in Austin... So far.

Well as many of you know, I've spent this semester down in Austin at my new school, the University of Texas. It's been a quite different for me; I've lived at home all of my 21 years, save the one semester that I spent living in Orlando while I worked at the Happiest Place on Earth... But that's a whole different story.

I've had to adjust to the Austin lifestyle which is quite different than that of Dallas. It wasn't very difficult to confirm that Austin is in fact "weird," as so many people claim. But despite all the weirdness, there are many things I've found that I thoroughly enjoy such as the parks, the ability to walk or ride my bike to most places, and most of all the over-abundance of Mexican food.Apartment life has been up and down; I like where I live and it is in a great location in relation to campus. What has not been so wonderful is the lack of a working dishwasher (which I put in a request for when I moved in in August), the Great Natural Gas Leak Scare of '08 (which resulted in two units of firefighters storming my apartment and confirming the existence of a leak but failing to find its source), Ant Fest in my bathroom, not having an air conditioner the first few days I lived here, NBC being off Time Warner cable for what felt like 30 years, the dirty carpet, the flooded bathroom-- the list goes on and on.

But if these are the worst of my troubles, I think I'll be OK.

I'm still here, aren't I?

For all the things to complain about there are still SO MANY things to be thankful for since I've been here, like:

And last but not least: amazing guests! I've been lucky enough to have many friends and family pass through my wonderful one bedroom apartment in the past few months and we have shared lots of great memories and even more great food.
Sure, maybe I haven't taken much of a liking toward my actual schooling *COUGH* journalism, my major, but as for everything else, I've had a lot of fun and learned a lot.

And according to Target, it's almost Christmas, which means my first semester is almost over! Woohoo!

But before that happens, November 19th to be specific, I'll be high-tailing it to Dallas to catch my, I don't know, ALL TIME FAVORITE BAND, COLDPLAY live at American Airlines Center in my floor seats.No big deal.

Happy rest of the semester/year everybody!

Follow me@twitter.com/adamrucker
E-mail Me! RuckitUp@Gmail.com
Check Out My Website: RuckitUp.com
Pass it On:
Add to Technorati Favorites

1 comments:

C&C said...

That pic of dad is freakin hilarious!!