Saturday, November 22, 2008

Who Gave Twilight 4 Stars?

If you've seen the TV commercial for the just-released Twilight film, you've no-doubt seen them flashing a critic's rating of 4 stars for the teen vampire drama. Since I hadn't heard of any critic that loved the movie I decided to do a little investigating.
Thanks to TiVo I was able to rewind and pause on the rating to see "Shawn Edwards FOX-TV" in tiny print below the dazzling 4 stars.

And after Googling I found that Mr. Edwards is one of the country's most enthusiastic and quoted movie critics, thanks to his often glowing reviews of terrible movies such as:

Britney Spears's Crossroads: "Crossroads is a perfect teen dream. It has everything that makes a movie totally cool: laughs, adventure, spirit, hot music, drama and of course BRITNEY! Britney rocks! She is like a comet. A talent of her magnitude only comes around once in a lifetime and you can't take your eyes off her when she is on screen in this totally cool and delightfully hip movie."

NOT kidding.

TMNT - Totally awesome! So much fun you’ll want to see it twice.
Surf’s Up - A perfect 10. Totally entertaining. The coolest movie of the summer. ****
Georgia Rule - Wonderful! The surprise of the summer. A heartfelt, moving and touching film. Jane Fonda is exceptional. Lindsay Lohan’s performance is phenomenal.
Fred Claus
- One of the funniest comedies of the year.
Are We Done Yet? - The funniest, craziest, wildest comedy of the year. Perfect family entertainment.

Just to name a few more.

But that's not to say Twilight is bad. I haven't seen it. (And probably won't unless somehow someone obtains an advance copy of its DVD, puts it in my DVD player and tapes me to a chair to watch it... JK- they wouldn't have to restrain me. I just don't want to have to pay to see it.)

I would just say to be weary of anything reviewed as "Spectacularly Amazing!" by Shawn Edwards, and go see whatever else is out instead.

Follow me@twitter.com/adamrucker
E-mail Me! RuckitUp@Gmail.com
Check Out My Website: RuckitUp.com
Pass it On:
Add to Technorati Favorites

1 comments:

K said...

Shawn Edwards is an idiot. He recently reviewed Gran Torino and gave it zero stars because he claimed it was racist.

Anyone with a brain realizes this movie is the opposite of racist as it proves actions and not words define a man.

I want Shawn to DIAF.