Thursday, November 13, 2008

Why do you do it RC Cola?

While I was riding my bike to class today, I was forced to continuously inhale the exhaust from the giant RC Cola delivery truck driving in front of me. This was not only annoying because I was breathing smoky truck exhaust, but also because it got me thinking: why on Earth is there an RC Cola delivery truck in existence anyway?

Seriously, WHO drinks RC Cola?

I have honestly never heard of anyone in the last 20 years who has drank or requested to drink RC Cola. I believe the ONE time I drank it was when one of the moms on my soccer team brought it as the after-game drinks. That was a weird game.

I've lived in Texas all my life though so maybe I'm missing something and Texas is the only place RC Cola ISN'T very popular. Maybe it's the bee's knees in Kansas- who knows! If you're from Kansas and RC Cola is popular there, please let me know.

It's possible that no one's ever just told RC Cola that they can call it a day. So I guess I'll take it upon myself to do that, in the form of an open blog letter:

Dear RC Cola,

It's been a good 103 years, but there comes a time when you just have to say 'It's been fun,' and bow out gracefully. Now, some may say that you've already overstayed your welcome, and I'm not in a position to disagree with them. But I'm willing to overlook that and give you the respect that a 103-year-old semi-successful carbonated beverage deserves.

So RC Cola, thanks for the memories, and I wish you well.

Sincerely,

Adam Rucker and the rest of the world.

Follow me@twitter.com/adamrucker
E-mail Me! RuckitUp@Gmail.com
Check Out My Website: RuckitUp.com
Pass it On:
Add to Technorati Favorites

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I'm fairly confident RC Cola isn't popular anywhere. Definitely not here in Atlanta.

iamrobyn said...

Interesting! I've never even HEARD of it... :)