Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Don't Let the Pigeon Write a Blog!

This past Saturday night I had the opportunity to go to a meet-and-greet with bestselling children's book author, Mo Willems. It was held at Austin's "Book People," where many famous authors stop by on their book tours.

I didn't know much about Willems prior to going to the event, other than that I have a great liking toward his incredibly simple, yet hilarious "Pigeon" children's books.Willems read his newest book, Naked Mole Rat Gets Dressed, to all the little children, and me.We then lined up to get him to autograph our copies of Naked Mole Rat. He sped through the line, which I can't really blame him for-- there were a TON of people there. Mostly children under the age of 5 and their parents, and me (and my friend Whitney-- thanks for coming with!)
He didn't say much, but he did say that I rock, and that's AOK with me.I've always been intrigued by the world of children's books. They seem so easy and simple when you read them, but it must take a ton of creativity to be able to entertain someone with only a few basic words and in a small amount of pages.

If you're a small child, or an adult who likes the occasional good children's book, I highly recommend checking out Willems's work. (The Pidgeon books and Leonardo the Terrible Monster are especially good.)

Follow me@twitter.com/adamrucker
E-mail Me! RuckitUp@Gmail.com
Check Out My Website: RuckitUp.com
Pass it On:
Add to Technorati Favorites

0 comments: