Monday, January 26, 2009

Erin McCarley - do-doo-do DO, do-do-do DO

This past Friday night I finally got to see Erin sing live (again) with Brett Dennen at La Zona Rosa in Austin. She was, of course, awesome. Above is a rockin' cover of Suzanne Vega's "Tom's Diner." You know, the song that goes "do-do-do DO, do-do-do DO, do DO do-do, DO-do DO-do." Definitely check that out if you haven't already.

My favorite part of the show was when she gave me a shout out during the set. Well, she actually gave the shout out to my brother Justin at first and then corrected herself (she went to school with him and confused our names).

I had written on her wall requesting that she sing "Sleepwalking," one of my favorite songs from her CD. So she did and it was awesome. Made my life. Thanks Erin!Erin's tour across America continues so check out her MySpace for dates and locations to go see her.

Follow me@twitter.com/adamrucker
E-mail Me! RuckitUp@Gmail.com
Check Out My Website: RuckitUp.com
Pass it On:
Add to Technorati Favorites

1 comments:

stephen said...

So jealous! I really wanted to see her (again), but all of a sudden I realized it was the day of the show and I had no money haha. Go Erin!