Monday, January 19, 2009

OK NOW

New music recommendation time!

I just picked up Jon McLaughlin's new album, OK NOW and it's really good! If you don't know who JMcL is, he sang "So Close" in Disney's Enchanted, and he probably friended you on MySpace, as he did me and 60,000 other people, several years ago.

I bought the CD at Target for $9.99 (plus I had a $5 gift card- SCORE!) And it was completely worth it. JMcL has a sort of John Mayer-ish feel, but more piano-y and also kinda 80's pop-y with the keyboard settings and backup vocals he uses.

My favorite tracks are: the first single, "Beating My Heart," "Things That You Say," and the Imogen Heap "Hide and Seek"-ish "We All Need Saving." Seriously, WANS is one of the best songs I've heard in a while.

Interestingly enough, another one of my favorite tracks is one that didn't make it to JMcL's album, but DID make it to Beyonce's I am... Sasha Fierce. The song "Smack Into You" was first recorded by JMcL, but passed on to B and renamed "Smash Into You" when JMcL decided it didn't fit with the rest of his album.

But thanks to YouTube, we can still enjoy JMcL's version.Enjoy!

Follow me@twitter.com/adamrucker
E-mail Me! RuckitUp@Gmail.com
Check Out My Website: RuckitUp.com
Pass it On:
Add to Technorati Favorites

0 comments: