Wednesday, February 4, 2009

This is why I still like Hilary Duff

Love her or hate her, we can all agree that Hilary Duff is basically the only girl Disney star that hasn't gone completely nutzo. I've had a crush on her since Disney Channel's "Lizzie McGuire" premiered and I realized our birthdays are only 9 days apart.

Now it seems Ms. Duff has been cast in a remake of "Bonnie and Clyde," playing the part of Bonnie, which Faye Dunaway played in 1967. Dunaway, being old, bitter, and no longer relevant, made the comment, "Couldn't they at least cast a real actress?"

This caused Duff, when asked about Dunaway's comment, to respond:
"I think that my fans that are going to go see the movie don't even know who she is, so you know, uh, I think it was a little unnecessary but I might be mad if I looked like that now too."

Now, granted, Hilary Duff is not the world's best actress by any means, but come on, I'd much rather support a nice non-drug-addict, non-car-crashing, non-completely-insane person like her than someone like her counterpart Lindsay Lohan (who was at least at one point in time considered a much better actress and IS all of those things I described Hilary as NOT being).

And I have to agree with her: no youngins have any idea who Faye Dunaway is. The only reason I do is because I caught one episode of a VERY shortlived show on The WB called "The Starlet," in which she was one of three judges looking for the next big teen actress. And we can all see how far that went.

Team Hilary.

I rest my case.

Follow me@twitter.com/adamrucker
E-mail Me! RuckitUp@Gmail.com
Check Out My Website: RuckitUp.com
Pass it On:
Add to Technorati Favorites

0 comments: