Sunday, March 1, 2009

Box Office: Miley Cyrus > Jonas Brothers

This past weekend was opening weekend for "Jonas Brothers: The 3D Concert Experience" in local movie theaters near you. You might remember a similar flick opening around this time last year, "Hannah Montana/Miley Cyrus: Best of Both Worlds Concert Tour."

Now the box office tallies are coming in and I have to say I'm a little surprised at the numbers. Jonas Brothers opened in 2nd place behind Tyler Perry's "Madea Goes to Jail" with $12.7 million dollars. This is good, but it isn't even half of Hannah's $31 million opening weekend last year. The Hannah Montana concert was also shown in less than half the number of theaters they're currently showing Jonas in.What gives? My guess is that some kids/families may have opted out of the movie version of the concert because most Jonas fans have already seen them in person (I have friends, *cough* Jenny and Victoria, who have seen them at least 8 times in concert. But then again, they still went to the movie opening at midnight and were featured on the local news for it. Much love J&V!). The Brothers have been in a constant state of touring for the past 3 years, hitting many cities several times a year.

Could we be hitting a Jonas saturation point?

I still haven't gotten to see the new Madea movie yet, but rest assured I have committed to making that happen by the end of this week or else I have to send everyone that reads this blog a Krispy Kreme donut.

And in other box office-related news: it concerns me beyond belief to see that "Paul Blart: Mall Cop" is still in the top 10. Seriously America?
Discuss amongst yourselves..

And add me on Twitter! twitter.com/adamrucker

E-mail Me! RuckitUp@Gmail.com
Check Out My Website: RuckitUp.com
Pass it On:
Add to Technorati Favorites

0 comments: