Friday, March 13, 2009

This is why Facebook and I broke up..

So the next wave of big Facebook changes just hit my account today and I'll just say I don't love the changes, but I don't hate them either. Clearly competition from other very popular social media sites (TWITTER) has caused Facebook to try to adapt and evolve so as not to suffer the tragic fate of the dodo bird.What confuses me though is that people like Twitter because of its simplicity. Users have one homepage that contains all the information relevant to them, and they needn't travel to any other page. But when Facebook tried to incorporate this live-updating model into their format, they simply added it to everything else they already had.

Facebook has gone from a fairly straight-forward 1 page/person layout to multiple pages with multiple tabs and now a live-updating Twitter-like homepage on top. It's just like a tornado came through and spread everything out among 100 different locations and we have to figure out how to sift through the rubble.

All I want is to be able to easily stalk the people of my choosing.

That's all.

By trying to simplify itself, Facebook has become more complicated than ever, providing me with even more proof that the decision I made almost 6 months ago to break up with Facebook was the right decision.
We're just better apart.
So forget Facebook and come try something new and exciting! Sign up and follow me @twitter.com/adamrucker

CLICK HERE to DIGG this! Cuz we're best friends!

E-mail Me! RuckitUp@Gmail.com
Check Out My Website: RuckitUp.com
Pass it On:
Add to Technorati Favorites

0 comments: