Wednesday, March 4, 2009

What is wrong with you, Yellow Tubes?

My favorite weird piece of art featuring long yellow tubes tied to an apparatus, which I refer to as "Yellow Tubes," at the Blanton Art Museum on the University of Texas at Austin campus, is apparently under a bit of construction. (How's that for a long lead sentence?!)The ordinarily playground-like feature was tied up and roped off with caution tape as I walked by today, answering the question "Is there any possible way to make this sculpture look more bad?"

Maybe the museum is just finally tired of its looming around in their backyard. The tubes really don't serve a purpose besides allowing annoying people to annoyingly run through them.

Could this be the end of UT's Yellow Tubes?

Only time will tell, but for now play the video below to relive Yellow Tubes in its hey day and to watch me be an annoying person running through them.

Come follow me@twitter.com/adamrucker

E-mail Me! RuckitUp@Gmail.com
Check Out My Website: RuckitUp.com
Pass it On:
Add to Technorati Favorites

0 comments: