Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Jim Carrey's Christmas Carol

Even though it'll be the umpteenth cinematic take on Charles Dickens' "A Christmas Carol," I can't help but be excited for the upcoming winter release from Disney starring Jim Carrey. Carrey has a habit of taking on quirky characters, and he will no doubt bring some humor to the old Scrooge.
When I first saw the poster for the film, I couldn't help but immediately be reminded of another one of Carrey's films, "A Series of Unfortunate Events," where he plays a very Scrooge-like character from the popular children's book series of the same name.

The posters are essentially the same with Carrey's creepy characters looming over the scene with their long, wickedly arranged fingers prominently featured, as if to say "We're really creepy people. Seriously, look at this weird hands."And as far as creepiness goes, I would say mission accomplished.

The film comes out Nov. 6 in Disney Digital and IMAX 3D.

UPDATE: I didn't realize that the movie is actually Disney's first motion capture animated movie (kinda like The Polar Express). More info over at The Disney Blog.

Follow me@twitter.com/adamrucker
E-mail Me! RuckitUp@Gmail.com
Check Out My Website: RuckitUp.com
Pass it On:
Add to Technorati Favorites

0 comments: