Friday, May 8, 2009

Scrubs finale- JD's monologue

I just caught the finale (?) of Scrubs (for sure finale of Scrubs featuring Zach Braff, but the show itself may still go on), and though I hadn't kept up with the show throughout its entire 8 seasons, I've loved every episode I've seen. Wednesday's episode, "My Finale" was no exception.

The best part was J.D.'s final monologue, for which I could not find the script anywhere online so I decided to type it out myself and share it with you all.

Enjoy!

And if you missed the episode, you can watch it at ABC.com

JD: Things rarely go exactly the way you want them to, so sometimes you make due with whatever you can get… Endings are never easy; I always build them up so much in my head they can’t possibly live up to my expectations, and I just end up disappointed. I’m not even sure why it matters to me so much how things end here…

I guess it’s because we all want to believe that what we do is very important, that people hang onto our every word, that they care what we think. The truth is: you should consider yourself lucky if you even occasionally get to make someone, anyone, feel a little better. After that it’s all about the people that you let into your life.


And as my mind drifted to faces I’ve seen here before,
I was taken to memories of family, of coworkers, of lost loves, even of those who’ve left us. And as I rounded that corner, they all came at me in a wave of shared experience… And even though it felt warm and safe, I knew it had to end. It’s never good to live in the past too long.

As for the future, thanks to Dan, it didn’t seem so scary anymore. It could be whatever I wanted it to be… (Play)
And who’s to say this isn’t what happens? Who can tell me that my fantasies won’t come true… just this once?

Follow me@twitter.com/adamrucker
E-mail Me! RuckitUp@Gmail.com
Check Out My Website: RuckitUp.com
Pass it On:
Add to Technorati Favorites

9 comments:

Kyle said...

Thank you for posting the closing monologue!!

swp said...

Oh my god i looked every where for this Thank you so much!

Susan said...

I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I don't know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.


Susan

http://onlinemariogames.net

KK said...

thanks a ton mate, saved my time... i just wanted to post about this particular monologue, and you provided it! :)

Cheers!

Mahmoud said...

I just watched the last episode of Scrubs today. Yes, yes, I know! its been ages since that show aired. Well, in my defense I was kinda busy. Anyway, I decided to google the script as it touched me so much. I wanna thank you for posting it. Even if its a year later. Thank you! :)

Pranesh said...

HI, am a big scrubs fan, and have recorded JD's finale- which in most fans eyes represents the end of the show as we know it. Question- do JD's son and Turk's daughter get engaged in his final flash-forward fantasy?

Pranesh

ac54bb1a-42dc-11e0-ada3-000bcdca4d7a said...

This is a really useful post. I’ve found them very useful. Now I can use it like a college boardhelp ;). Thanks

Mr C. said...

Thanks a lot! Just finished up the series and I wanted to post part of the monologue as my facebook status. So thanks!

darkmuse said...

I cried when I watched this episode! SO sad that SCRUBS ends, it was one of my favorite shows!

free dissertations help