Tuesday, May 19, 2009

NBC's Community preview starring Joel McHale


The Soup's Joel McHale will be starring in NBC's upcoming half-hour comedy, "Community." McHale plays a lawyer who goes back to community college after his degree was revoked and his job taken away. The show follows a "band of misfits" (including the incredibly famous Chevy Chase) who form a study group at the school and "end up learning a lot more about themselves than they do about their course work."

Community debuts in the fall during "30 Rock"'s current Thursday night timeslot ("30 Rock" is set to return after "Saturday Night Live Weekend Update Thursday" runs its course) . After watching the preview, I was a little surprised to see that, even though it's billed as a comedy and stars one of the funniest people currently on TV (McHale), "Community" will also be putting a pretty strong emphasis on the serious "learning a lot about themselves" aspect of the show. (At least that's the vibe I got from all the orchestra music at the end of the clip.)

In any case, being a former community college kid myself, I'm excited to see that world represented in sitcom form. It's been a long time coming.

Follow me@twitter.com/adamrucker
E-mail Me! RuckitUp@Gmail.com
Check Out My Website: RuckitUp.com
Pass it On:
Add to Technorati Favorites

1 comments:

stephen said...

this looks FANTASTIC. I can't wait.