Tuesday, September 8, 2009

The Drama Returns: 90210 and Melrose Place premiere tonight

Tonight's the night that teenage drama makes its way back onto your television screens. CW is premiering the second season of its Beverly Hills 90210 remake tonight along with the premiere of its other drama remake, Melrose Place.

So what's gonna go down on these entirely unnecessary, but extremely entertaining to watch shows? I don't know, but I hope there's a lot of Aunt Becky involved.90210 left off last season with a severely wasted Annie taking the wheel and [possibly] running over someone. Here's a little theory: might she have run over fellow classmate and ex-boyfriend Ethan?
I ask because those who follow the show know that Ethan, played by Dustin Milligan, has been written off the show, but we don't yet know exactly how. So I guess we'll just have to wait and see.
Tonight's premiere will also introduce a new take on the traditional theme music and opening sequence, which I find to be pretty lame, and some new characters: one played by 30-year-old soap opera actor Trevor Donovan and the other by Rumer Willis.

As for Melrose Place, I don't really know what it's about, as I never watched the original. But I do know that I saw what appeared to be Ashlee Simpson, or an audio-animatronic version of Ashlee Simpson, promoting it on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon the other night, and I'll be watching just to see how that all pans out.

For my real-time thoughts on the shows' premieres tonight, follow me at Twitter.com/AdamRucker and check back here tomorrow for full reviews!

Follow me@twitter.com/adamrucker
E-mail Me! RuckitUp@Gmail.com
Check Out My Website: RuckitUp.com
Pass it On:
Add to Technorati Favorites

0 comments: