Thursday, April 29, 2010

I've Seen [Most of] Toy Story 3! (no spoilers)

THERE ARE NO SPOILERS IN THIS POST!

Last night I got to see the first 65 minutes of the third film in the Toy Story trilogy, and I was beside myself with excitement. It's been more than 10 years since Toy Story 2, arguably one of Pixar's finest films (even though they're all incredible), was released, but the gang is all back together in this extremely hilarious, and presumably final, take on the toys' story.

When I say it's hilarious, I mean it was really really funny. The movie is chock full of lines for adults (that kids will still laugh at even though they don't really get them), and the addition of many new characters adds a new life and humor to the story. Like I said, I won't spoil anything, but the character voiced by Michael Keaton (which you can see here if you want), really steals some spotlight in this one.

After the screening, I tweeted the following:Which was then retweeted by the director of Toy Story 3, Lee Unkrich:Which I thought was pretty freaking awesome!

But it really was epic beyond all epic and an action-packed Mission Impossible-like adventure (Woody is Tom Cruise in this one) that people will love.

It was especially special for me because I grew up with Toy Story. The first film was released when I was 8 years old, and even though I'm 22 now, this movie made me feel like I was just a little kid again.

OK I'm done gushing about it.

Oh, and I should mention that they raffled off a Buzz Lightyear toy just like the one in the films (spaceship box and all), and I did NOT win. Needless to say: I was pretty bummed, and it will take a while to get over it, but in time I will.

In time, I will.

The full film (which is being finished today, per @LeeUnkrich's tweet) is in theaters June 18 in Disney Digital 3D (and 2D)!

Follow me@twitter.com/adamrucker
E-mail Me! RuckitUp@Gmail.com
Check Out My Website: RuckitUp.com

0 comments: