Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Saying Goodbye to Friday Night Lights...

This past week, not only did I say goodbye to Austin, Texas and the University of Texas campus I've lived on for the past two years, but I also said goodbye to Panther Stadium, the set of Friday Night Lights.Throughout its five seasons of filming, Friday Night Lights has called Austin home, filming in various recognizable locations around the city. Panther Stadium, located across from Austin-Bergstrom Airport, is one of the key locales. Now that filming for the fifth and final season (airing this fall on DirecTV and next summer on NBC) is finished, I made sure I got a couple snapshots of the field before all the Dillon Panther signage was fully removed (it's rumored that the field will be used by a real high school in the future).
If you've never seen Friday Night Lights, I HIGHLY recommend watching it and starting at the beginning. The DVDs are available incredibly cheaply on Amazon.com and you can even stream the pilot episode for free on Amazon On Demand, which is sure to get you hooked.

Enjoy!

PS: While watching an episode last night, I noticed Tami and Eric (the amazing and Emmy nominated Connie Britton and Kyle Chandler) drove by my FAVORITE Mexican restaurant in Austin (and that says a lot), La Feria. It's on South Lamar, and I HIGHLY recommend the Fajita a la Mexicana if you're ever in Austin. Wow.
Follow me@twitter.com/adamrucker

E-mail Me! RuckitUp@Gmail.com
Check Out My Website: RuckitUp.com

0 comments: