Friday, December 3, 2010

Songs That Make You Cry #boohoosong

A couple weeks ago a song popped up on Pandora that about half-way through caused a subtle drop of moisture to escape from the area surround my eye. It was a tear, people.

While I can't tell you what song that was (because my terrible iPhone 3G froze and shut down Pandora as soon as I tried to see), it got me thinking: music makes people cry. And I wanted to see what songs get you all emotional.

So I posted a tweet and a status and awaited your replies:


This is what you said:

@MllePace: Somewhere Over the Rainbow
@5states & @girlyrocker: Michael Giachino's "Life & Death" (this is the guy that did the music for LOST)
@danaherlihey: "Videotape" - Radiohead, "Skinny Love" - Bon Iver
@penacolada: "The Luckiest"- Ben Folds
@beckyggxoxo: "Ooh Child Original"- The Five Stairsteps
@alswic: "Don't Take the Girl" - Tim McGraw, "Sarabeth"- Rascal Flatts

@vaolivares21: "My Heart Will Go On" from Titanic
@simplyregina: "The Letter" from Billy Elliot
@steph315: "Don't Forget"- Demi Lovato
@kell_rose: Tears in Heaven by Eric Clapton always makes me cry
@whatabout_ken: "Full of Grace"- Sarah McLaughlin
@AudreyPrincessa: "Push and Pull"- Nikki Costa, "To Zion"- Lauryn Hill
@studio_gal: "Same Old Lang Syne"- Dan Fogelberg
@ShadowFuzzy: Nearly all the Lost soundtracks, but especially 'Life and death'&'There's No Pl. Lk. Home' make me get Jears :'o
@jstevens428:
rascal flatts-ellsworth. I don't cry at songs or movies really, but this song almost gets me every time I hear it.
@dougjbarker: I'd give you a list of songs, but I know you'd just use it against me in the future. You can't trick me that easily, RUCKER! (Why would I trick you???)
@mrsjthornton:
"All the Way" by Frank Sinatra and Celine Dion and a bunch of movie soundtracks like Star Wars, Hook, and more!
@pennylane14: How much time do you have? Keane "Somewhere Only We Know" Rascal Flatts "Fast Cars and Freedom"
@robert_tracy:
"Nightswimming," REM
@surefinewhatevr:
Both Sides Now - Joni Mitchell
Ain't that the truth??

I also got 23 comments on my Facebook Wall! (Click HERE to Read Them All)
Here are some highlights:
Leiliane: Stop Crying Your Heart Out - Oasis
Valen: The Blower's Daughter - Damien Rice!!
Fidel:
I Could Fall in Love - Selena =(
Svein:
Casimir Pulaski Day by Sufjan Stevens
Mariana:
Cinderella!!!! from steven curtis chapman, and you need to see the videoooooo :(

So what I learned from all of this is that:
1) You people cry... a LOT.
2) Celine Dion's Titanic theme still has the ability to depress people.
3) Music is a wonderful and beautiful thing that can really get at people's emotions from a million different angles.

What about me? Besides the song from Pandora that I don't know the name of, there's only one other song that makes me shed a tear... "I Can Only Imagine," by MercyMe. I've sung this at no less than 10 funerals of close friends and family members, so if I ever hear it on the radio, it has got to go. Otherwise I'm done for.


But now my plan is to make one big mixed CD, drink about 5 bottles of water, and let the sobfest begin... Who's with me?!

Just kidding. It's Friday! And life's awesome!

Go out and celebrate!

(Continue to send your #boohoosong suggestions to my Twitter and Facebook!)

Follow me@twitter.com/adamrucker
E-mail Me! RuckitUp@Gmail.com
Check Out My Website: RuckitUp.com

0 comments: