Sunday, January 29, 2012

Walt Disney World Half Marathon 2012


To say I'm not really a runner is generous. I don't run, at all. Or at least I didn't run at all since I stopped playing soccer my freshman year of high school.

But my friend Danielle told me about the RunDisney marathons where you run at either Walt Disney World or Disneyland and at the end you get these big medals shaped like the characters. Then she also told me that if you run at least a half marathon at both Disney World and Disneyland in the same year, you get a third "Coast to Coast" medal as reward.

I'm not kidding you when I say the Coast to Coast medal is most of, if not all of, the reason I decided to start running. And I'm not ashamed!

So for a little more than six months I "trained" in preparation for the Walt Disney World Half Marathon that took place on January 7, 2012. And as fate would have it, I actually love running now! This was my experience start to finish:

As you can see, it was pretty freaking awesome. Disney knows what they're doing.

Which is why I've already signed myself up for the Disneyland Half Marathon in September!

Visit rundisney.com for more details... Hope to see you there!
(If I can do it, you can do it. Seriously. Seriously...)

Follow me on Twitter! @adamrucker and @ruckermore

0 comments: